The aim of this report is to track the international movement of healthy food and drinks trends across the five key regions of Europe, North America, Latin America, Asia-Pacific, and the Middle East & Africa during the period 2007-2010. It also examines the movement of key regional healthy ingredients, such as chia seeds and green tea.
Features and benefits
- Identify new and emerging market opportunities using this reports extensive analysis of the most innovative new product launches & trends in NPD.
- Enhance the effectiveness of your innovation strategies with this reports analysis of the innovation models of leading good and drinks manufacturers.
- Understand each regional market in terms of absolute size as well as the future potential of each health trend.
- Identify the key health trends shaping the market over the past four years, as well evaluate trends likely to exert influence over the next 5 years.
- Evaluate whether you should be looking beyond your current product portfolio for future opportunities within the functional food and drink market.
In addition to the Eastern European countries, emerging markets in Latin America and Asia-Pacific are expected to see increasing inward movement of healthy food and drinks. This report showed how global firms, such as Nestlé and Danone, are tapping into emerging markets for growth, a trend that has been further helped by the economic slowdown.
Countries such as China, Brazil and India are obvious targets for healthy food and drinks manufacturers due to the underlying economic growth these countries are experiencing and the increasingly large middle-class population, which is most receptive to their products.
The analysis in this report showed some significant movement of healthy food and drink trends across regions, some of which are expected to continue to intensify. For instance, the increasing rates of obesity will provide further ground for growth in ‘weight management’ products, especially in Europe and Latin America.
Your key questions answered
- What regions are leading innovation in the global food and drinks market?
- Which sub-categories have attracted the most investment in NPD so far and which are likely to perform exceptionally in the near future?
- What are consumer perceptions of the impact of food and drink on the international movement of health trends?
- What are the key industry issues affecting the future of the food and drinks new product development?
- What factors are driving the developments in food and drinks innovation?