This report investigates these market opportunities, as well as emerging product development trend such as combination products and products developed for specialized disease populations. In each region profiled – US, Canada and EU – it investigates near and long term opportunities as well as recent product launches. rbcn0013
Features and benefits
- Develop deeper insight into the size and growth of the US, Canadian and EU parenteral nutrition industry, as well as individual EU country markets.
- Understand key product development trends in the parenteral nutrition market and the R&D strategies of the major players.
- Identify short and long term market opportunities in each region.
- Anticipate future parenteral nutrition market needs in light of the drivers and restraints acting upon the market.
- Describes the major market drivers and restraints in the US, Canada and EU, with detail provided for Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain & Poland
Growth will be driven by increasing usage as the populations in these regions continue to age and incidence of conditions associated with parenteral nutrition, such as cancer and gastrointestinal disease, rises.
The total US, Canadian and EU parenteral nutrition market reached $1.3b in 2009 and is growing by 11.3% per year to reach $2.3bn in 2014. In 2009, Baxter led the market with 29.5% share, followed by Fresenius Kabi with 28.7%, B. Braun Melsungen with 22.2% and Hospira with 16.9%.
Major near term opportunities for new products include improved hardware and accessories, and products developed for home use. Important new recent launches include the triple-chamber bag, which three of the top four manufacturers now offer.
Your key questions answered
- What are the regional differences between the parenteral markets in the US, Canada, Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain and Poland?
- Which companies are current and future key players and what are the issues driving new product development?
- What is limiting greater parenteral nutrition usage and how are prescribing decisions made by clinicians?
- What emerging products could significantly impact parenteral nutrition sales & what new product initiatives are being pursued by the leading players?
- What will the size and growth of the global parenteral nutrition market be through 2014?