The report analyzes both market growth and the most important and novel soft drinks launched between 2006 and 2009. It looks at innovation and NPD are analyzed by region and category and provides detailed product examples of soft drinks driving added value growth in areas including functional, natural, ethical, innovatively packaged and indulgent soft drinks. rbcg0229
Features and benefits
- Forecast future growth areas in soft drinks to 2014 by market value in each category and sub-category in Europe, North America and Asia Pacific.
- Identify key trends that are shaping the soft drinks market and examine the key market drivers in innovation, packaging and product positioning.
- Assess the soft drinks product launch landscape with this report's analysis of over 6,000 products launched between 2006 and 2009.
- Identify innovative product examples, how they are positioned and packaged and any claims they make and what the key areas of opportunity are.
- Understand the impact of consumer purchasing drivers and regulation in soft drinks market.
Asia-Pacific had the highest number of product launches (growing at a CAGR of 9.0% during 2006–09) with a share of 33.8% in NPD globally in 2009. Asia-Pacific ranks second only to North America with 31.0% of soft drinks launches made in Asia-Pacific classified as innovative in 2009.
Pure, not from concentate, fruit juices will show the highest growth among all soft drinks sub-categories between 2009 and 2014 ,driven by an increase in consumer preference for natural drinks for their high level of antioxidants and fresh, authentic tastes.
Bottles accounted for 41% of all soft drinks product launches globally in 2009. The use of cans continues to decline with the uptake of PET bottles.
Your key questions answered
- What are the key drivers and resistors of growth in the global soft drinks market and what key consumer trends are driving NPD and innovation?
- What is the current and forecast market value of the soft drinks market and which product areas will show the highest growth?
- What are the highest growth countries and regions over the next five years?
- Which manufacturers have introduced innovative products onto the market and how have these been positioned?