The advent of DNA sequencing technology has had a vast impact on the field of drug development. It has played a key role in the success of the Human Genome Project, which has made it an essential tool for genetic analysis. Advanced technological developments in microarrays, bioinformatics and similar tools have increased the scope of applications and services.
Scope of this research
- Analysis of the important DNA sequencing markets and their projected growth over the period 2009-14.
- Details of the areas on which companies are focusing while forming strategic alliances with other market players.
- Assessment of the current potential of DNA sequencing applications with respect to drug development and discovery.
- Examination of the competitive landscape and the strategic focus of industry players.
- Breakdown of the key opportunity areas in the current market scenario and the restraining factors hindering the development of DNA sequencing.
Research and analysis highlights
The withdrawal of certain drugs from the market due to their lack of efficacy among the worldwide patient population has created a need to address variations in diseases and drug responses on an individual basis.
Next-generation sequencing may hinder the growth of the market for first-generation DNA sequencing technology, especially in the drug discovery and development sector.
The pharmaceutical sector is rapidly adopting cutting-edge technologies such as high-throughput sequencing, as these provide an efficient and cost-effective means for drug discovery, as well as for genomics and biotechnological research.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Understand the emerging technologies to assess the potential of different types of products and services.
- Discover the product developments on which companies are focusing to evaluate new technological trends.
- Evaluate the growth prospects of DNA sequencing applications and identify lucrative markets.
- Determine the market players' interests in terms of collaborations and partnerships with related industrial firms.
- Gain insight into the relative importance of DNA sequencing tools over the next five years for investment opportunities.