This report investigates current trends and opportunities affecting decisions on whether or not to outsource drug discovery. Outsourcing to low cost offshore destinations such as China and India are examined in detail. The report also covers a variety of strategic collaborations, academic partnerships and outsourcing opportunities along with case studies.
Features and benefits
- Develop an informed perspective of the drug discovery process including the role of outsourcing.
- Understand the pros and cons of drug discovery outsourcing.
- Gain an understanding of the current trends and opportunities in global drug discovery outsourcing market.
- Compare the leading ten drug discovery service provider's strategies and capabilities.
- Assess China and India as drug discovery outsourcing destinations.
As pharma companies relax their conservatism towards drug discovery outsourcing the market, which was valued at $7.4bn in 2009 is expected to increase to $18.5bn by 2015.
Among discovery outsourcing serivces, chemistry services represented the leading category of outsourced drug discovery services generating around $2.9bn in sales, accounting for a market share of 39%. Biological services accounted for $2bn with a market share of 28%, which is expected to increase in the future.
The networked pharma model under which companies reduce their footprint of owned facilities in favour of a network of service providers is gaining ground. Virtual companies which outsource almost all research, manufacturing and sales activities are also expected to drive growth in the drug discovery outsourcing market.
Your key questions answered
- What are the recent trends and opportunities in global drug discovery outsourcing market?
- How will drug discovery outsourcing develop in the coming five years?
- Which companies will drive the future of global drug discovery outsourcing market?
- How is the drug discovery outsourcing market evolving in China and India?
- What drug discovery outsourcing strategies are the leading pharmaceutical and biotech companies following?