'The European Forecourt Retailing Market Outlook' analyzes the top 10 fuel retailers in the region and investigates their strategies within the fuel retail market, assessing current and future opportunities and threats. This report also provides a detailed examination of the European forecourt market, evaluating eight European countries in terms of market size, site dynamics and shop penetration.
Scope of this research
- Assessment of the top 10 fuel retailers and their strategies within the forecourt retail market.
- Examination of where the forecourt retailing market is heading.
- Analysis of the effect that legislation is having on the European market.
- Details of how forecourt retailers are making their shops more attractive within the convenience retail industry.
- Evaluation of the extent to which changing consumer trends are affecting the forecourt retail market in Europe.
Research and analysis highlights
Within the eight countries profiled, there is a distinct split: Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden and Belgium show a greater consumer spend within the forecourt shop (non-fuel sales), while the UK, Italy, France and Spain show a much lower non-fuel spend.
Forecourt shops often fill a gap in the market where convenience retail outlets are restricted, either through cultural attitudes or government legislation; for example, forecourt outlets are exempt from Ladenschlußgesetz, a German law restricting opening hours for stores.
The success of a forecourt shop is dependent on the maturity of the country's convenience retailing market, as well as the opinions of local consumers regarding such outlets.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Assess the retail activity within the top 10 fuel retailers, as well as the opportunities that exist for each firm.
- Examine the market dynamics of the industry in Western Europe using this report’s strategic analysis of key trends and issues in the market.
- Understand the key European markets in terms of market share, market size, shop penetration, retail activity and levels of competition.
- Identify the future prospects and opportunities within the European forecourt retail market and the impact of growth in Eastern Europe.
- Gain insight into the impact of the convenience retail market as a barrier or opportunity for forecourt retailers.