The Sustainable Technology Investment Market Profiler update reports provide investment updates on a semi-annual basis, highlighting recent developments in the sustainability area in terms of various types of investments and deals — M&A, IPO, PE, Venture Financing, etc.
Features and benefits
- A snapshot of how the overall deal activity has evolved in the automotive and transportation sector over the last few quarters.
- An examination of the distribution of deals by geography (for both acquirer and target companies), by deal rationale and by deal type.
- A snapshot of the volume trend in terms of cross-border and cross-regional deals experienced in the sector across the globe.
- A snapshot of the key deal type witnessed in the sector in terms of deal volume and value trend, distribution by geography, rationale, etc.
In Q2–Q3 2010, globally, the automotive and transportation sector recorded 34 deals worth $4.7bn compared to 37 deals worth $4.2bn during the corresponding period in 2009, an increase of 12% in value terms.
In terms of geographic disribution, developed economies, particularly the Americas, dominated the sector both in terms of investment outflow and infow. The Americas accounted for 67 of the 108 target companies during the period Q2 2009 – Q3 2010.
With 56% of outbound deals, EMEA dominates other regions in terms of cross-border trasactions' volume during the period Q2 2009 – Q3 2010. The Americas dominate the inbound cross-border activity
Your key questions answered
- Understand the level of deal activity in the automotive and transportation sector and key factors driving the transactions.
- Identify the key geographies (regions or countries) experiencing high deal activity, both inbound and outbound.
- Develop acquisition / partnership strategies based on those sectors and / or geographies that are the most attractive in terms of deal activity.