Companies within the automotive industry are developing products and services to harness the opportunities represented by environmentally conscious consumers. Targeting and reaching those customers requires sophisticated intelligence that relates specifically to the utilities industry and includes breakdowns based on demographics, attitudes and behaviors.
Features and benefits
- An examination of how environmentally conscious German consumers are, and how this translates into green behaviours.
- Detailed analysis of consumer perception about hybrd/electric vehicles compared to conventional cars.
- The key drivers and barriers to hybrid/electric vehicle uptake amongst German consumers.
To harness consumers who are most interested in electric vehicles (EVs) and plug-in hybrid vehicles (PHVs), the automotive industry and utilities companies need to develop innovative ownership or rental schemes with a wide network of fast charging points away from people's homes.
The alternative fuel vehicle (AFV) industry needs to educate consumers about any government incentives that make AFVs more affordable, and highlight the petrol prices and yearly mileage at which AFVs are expected to break even with conventional cars.
Consumers see hybrid/electric vehicles (HEVs) as inferior to conventional cars and are not prepared to pay a premium. Real life exposure and enthusiasm from opinion formers such as motor magazines are necessary.
Your key questions answered
- Obtain detailed demographic data of consumers who would consider buying a hybrid/electric vehicle.
- Obtain detailed demographic data of consumers who would pay a premium of over 5% for hybrid/electric vehicles.
- Establish market penetration rates for hybrid/electric vehicles by 2011 and 2013.