This report examines the underlying factors driving the snacks market, assesses the impact of new product development and offers actionable recommendations for future strategic success. It is based on extensive analysis of over 5,000 new product launches and the results of Business Insights’ proprietary global survey of industry executives. RBCG0151
Features and benefits
- Create more effective NPD strategies with this report’s actionable recommendations and analysis of the NPD strategies of leading snacks companies.
- Assess the savory snack foods competitive landscape by country using the market value data and forecasts to 2009.
- Understand how to develop, market and distribute your products more effectively using the results of our proprietary industry opinion survey.
- Identify new/emerging target audiences and snacking occasions with analysis of changing consumer demographics and its impact on snacking behavior.
Snacks are no longer restricted to the traditional categories of processed, potato chips, snack bars, popcorn, nuts and seeds. Bakery and cereals, fruit and vegetables and dairy represent examples of new and emerging snack categories. The debate about obesity is having
an increasingly negative impact on the snacking industry’s image and sales.
Through extensive analysis of new product launches, this report highlights the key trends in NPD innovation with specific focus on the convergence of the two key trends, health and premium.
Analysis of the impact of the ban of advertising of unhealthy foods to kids on the snacking industry and the alternative strategies adopted by leading players.
Your key questions answered
- What are the key threats to the future of the snacks market and what strategies are market leaders creating to address them?
- Which product segments within the snacks markets offer the greatest potential for growth and what are the key drivers for future NPD innovation?
- What are the key trends in snacks NPD and which country is the most innovative in snacks?
- How is the snacks market changing and what growth opportunities does this present for the future?
- How and why has the snacks category converged with other sectors
such as dairy, bakery and fruit and vegetables?