This report examines NPD and market trends, and pinpoints opportunities for targeting seniors in Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. It analyzes the key trends affecting the seniors’ health market including functional, antiageing
and convenience. RBCG0175
Features and benefits
- Identify the key epidemiological trends in the seniors market based on disease prevalence data by age and gender, including forecasts to 2010.
- Understand the strategies of leading innovators that target senior consumers with analysis of the NPD activity of Kagome, Fancl and Nisshin Oillio.
- Improve the effectiveness of your NPD strategies with analysis of innovation by trend, category and region.
- Predict future market growth levels with this report's forecasts of the over 60’s population across the United States, Japan and key European markets.
- Quantify the size of the seniors’ functional food and drinks market across Europe and the United States.
‘High protein’ was the number one product tag/description found on the packaging of healthy product launches targeting senior consumers in 2007. More consumers are now aware of the
relationship between protein intake and muscle mass, which can aid walking and reduce pain and fatigue.
Over 10 million people in the United States aged over 50 were suffering from osteoporosis in 2005. Of this number 1.8 million were men. Increased leisure time presents new opportunities for targeting
the ageing population. Companies are starting to exploit the growing popularity of golf particularly among older men.
Apple was the most common flavor in healthy food a nd drinks targeted at seniors launched between 2004 and 2007. Fruit and vegetables dominate the top 10 flavors.
Your key questions answered
- Which European countries will have the largest senior populations in 2010?
- What were the most exciting and innovative new product launches aimed at seniors in the last 12 months?
- What are the the major health concerns of senior consumers in Europe, Japan and the United States ?
- Which flavors and ingredients are most popular in healthy products that target seniors?
- How will the increasing prevalence of age-related illnesses affect demand for healthy food and drinks?