This report forms a part of the Datamonitor's newly introduced product series titled "Product Insights". It aims to provide analysis to clients on the new product launches across various market categories.
Scope of this research
- Examines new product launches in the US soft drinks market, segmented by key categories
- Contextualizes the US in the new product launches globally
- Identifies the key players in the market, leading the new product launches
- Provides an analysis on the new product launches by leading flavors, claims, packaging and price points
Research and analysis highlights
Globally, the US ranked first in terms of the number of new products launched in the soft drinks market in 2009. Around two-fifths of all new product launches in the US soft drinks market were in the functional drinks category.
'Pomegranate' was the most popular flavors, while 'natural' was the most popular claim, in the new products launched during 2009. Plastic, specifically PET (polyethylene terephthalate) was the most popular packaging material used in the new product launches.
More than 50% of the new product launches were in the price range of less than $5.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Assess product innovation trends in your market
- Learn from successful new product launches