This report forms a part of the Datamonitor's newly introduced product series titled "Product Insights". It aims to provide analysis to clients on the new product launches across various industry sectors.
Scope of this research
- Examines new product launches in the Chinese soft drinks market, segmented by key categories
- Contextualizes China in the new product launches globally
- Identifies the key players in the market leading the new product launches
- Provides an analysis on the new product launches by leading flavors, claims, packaging and price points
Research and analysis highlights
Globally, China ranked 3rd in terms of the number of new products launched in the soft drinks market in 2009.
Juices constituted 55% of all new product launches in the Chinese soft drinks market in 2009, followed by functional drinks and concentrates.
In 2009, 'no preservatives' emerged as the most popular claim among all new soft drinks products launched in China while plastic was the most popular packaging material. More than half (55%) of the new soft drinks products launched in China in 2009 were priced below CNY6.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Assess product innovation trends in your market
- Learn from successful new product launches