This report analyzes the evolving trends in the bakery and cereals market by sub-category including cakes, pastries and ready to eat cereals, and offers insight into the future direction of winning new products.
The report assesses the drivers and major trends currently influencing the market including ethical consumerism, premiumisation, treating, guilt-free indulgence and convenience. RBCG0161
Features and benefits
- Over 50,000 new product launches have been tracked by Productscan – the report identifies the share of NPD by sub-category within bakery and cereals.
- Analysis of the top 5 share by company type in Asia, Americas, Africa and , and Europe.
- Insight into trends and new product launches by category and region (Europe, Asia Pacific, Americas), and cross-category analysis.
- An examination of the key trends which are currently affecting the decisions made by NPD managers around the world.
- Focus on ethical consumerism and its future role in the bakery and cereals market.
Organics will continue to influence NPD in bakery and cereals with 26% of respondents to the opinion survey believing it will become ‘very important’. A combination of factors should be incorporated into a brand image to bolster its ethical reputation such as local sourcing, which is viewed as the second most important trend, and fairtrade.
The US will show the strongest growth rates at 14.1% between 2005 and 2009 to reach a higher overall market value than is forecast for France, Germany, Italy, Holland and Sweden combined. However, it is Germany that will have the largest bakery and cereals market by value in 2007 at US$23,127m.
Over the next five years, breakfast will continue to offer the strongest sales potential, as consumers switch to more convenient and healthier items such as cereal for themselves and their family. Nearly a third of respondents stated that the breakfast occasion will offer the most growth potential over the next five years.
Your key questions answered
- Who are the leading players in the bakery and cereals market?
- Will the rise in ethical consumerism have an impact on the bakery and cereals market?
- What are the most popular and successful flavors in my category?
- Are there opportunities for brands to enter other consumption occasions such as snacking without losing share of the breakfast market?
- How can bakery and cereals brands target children in today’s sensitive society?