This report assesses the drivers and major trends influencing the market and includes examples of winning strategies adapted from personal care sector. It identifies best-practice new products launches and provides recommendations on future innovation. It also provides detailed insights into the global market at a regional and category level and key trends to 2012. rbcg0165
Features and benefits
- Understand the key trends in cosmeceuticals innovation by category, region and product claims, using our analysis of global NPD from 2005 to 2007.
- Benchmark your strategies against the key players using the report’s detailed competitive analysis of leading manufacturers’ innovation strategies.
- Assess opportunities across key product areas including anti-fatigue, anti-ageing, haircare and skincare.
- Understand the key success factors and the most innovative trend leading cosmeceutical brands.
- Predict future growth areas in cosmeceuticals in Europe and the US.
Of all cosmeceutical food and drinks launched in 2005, soft drinks took the largest share at 35.1% rising to 35.5% in 2007. Between 2005 and 2007 the sharpest rise in new Cosmeceutical food and drink product launches was in Europe. In 2005, 14% of global cosmeceutical NPD originated in Europe and this rose to 23% in 2007.
The US has highest spend per capita for both cosmeceutical personal care products and nutraceuticals. The US nutraceuticals market was worth US $21.3bn in 2006, indicating significant cosmeceutical growth opportunities.
weet flavors dominate the cosmeceuticals market, particularly fruits and natural flavors. All of the top 15 flavors are sweet and nine of those are fruits.
Your key questions answered
- Which is the most advanced region in terms of Cosmeceutical market development and how are the major multinational power brands entering the market?
- Which is the leading category in terms of NPD over the past two years?
- Are older consumers the primary target audience for cosmeceuticals?
- What are the most popular and successful flavors in Cosmeceutical food and drinks?
- What were the most innovative examples of cosmeceutical NPD over the last two years?