American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (American Eagle or 'the company') is one of the largest specialty retailers that sells clothing, accessories and personal care products. The company designs, markets and sells its own brand of clothing under American Eagle Outfitters and aerie by American Eagle Outfitters (aerie) labels. American Eagle primarily operates in the US and Canada. It is headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and employed about 40,000 people as of February 1, 2014, of whom approximately 33,000 were part-time and seasonal hourly employees.
The company recorded revenues of $3,305.8 million in the financial year ended January 2014 (FY2014), a decrease of 4.9% compared to FY2013. The operating profit of the company was $141.1 million in FY2014, a decrease of 64.3% compared to FY2013. The net profit was $83 million in FY2014, a decrease of 64.2% compared to FY2013.
The company's financial year ends on the Saturday closest to January 31. FY2014 was a 52-week period and FY2013 was a 53-week period.
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc.
77 Hot Metal Street
Pennsylvania 15203 2329
New York ticker:
No. employees: 40000
Turnover: 3,305,800,000 (USD)
Financial year end: January
- Key facts
- Business Description
- Key Employees and Biographies
- Location and Subsidiaries
- Top Competitors
- Major Products and Services
This SWOT analysis company profile is the essential source for top level data and information. The report examines the company's key business structure and operations, history and products, and provides summary analysis of its key revenue lines and strategy.
Scope of this research
- Provides all the crucial company information required for business and competitor intelligence needs.
- Contains a study of the major internal and external factors affecting the company in the form of a SWOT analysis as well as a breakdown and examination of leading product revenue streams.
- Data is supplemented with details on the company's history, key executives, business description, locations and subsidiaries as well as a list of products and services and the latest available company statement.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Support sales activities by understanding your customers' businesses better
- Qualify prospective partners and suppliers
- Keep fully up to date on your competitors' business structure, strategy and prospects
- Obtain the most up to date company information available