American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (American Eagle or 'the company') is one of the leading specialty retailers that sells clothing, accessories and personal care products. It designs, markets and sells its own brand of clothing under American Eagle, aerie by American Eagle and 77kids by american eagle labels. The company primarily operates in the US and Canada. It is headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and employed 39,600 people as of January 28 2012, of whom 33,100 were part-time employees.
The company recorded revenues of $3,159.8 million during the financial year ended January 2012 (FY2012), an increase of 6.5% over FY2011. The operating profit of the company was $231.1 million in FY2012, a decrease of 27.1% compared to FY2011. The net profit was $151.7 million in FY2012, an increase of 7.9% over FY2011.
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc.
77 Hot Metal Street
Pennsylvania 15203 2329
New York Stock Exchange ticker:
No. employees: 39600
Turnover: 3,159,800,000 (USD)
Financial year end: January
- Key facts
- Business Description
- Key Employees and Biographies
- Location and Subsidiaries
- Top Competitors
- Major Products and Services
This SWOT analysis company profile is the essential source for top level data and information. The report examines the company's key business structure and operations, history and products, and provides summary analysis of its key revenue lines and strategy.
Scope of this research
- Provides all the crucial company information required for business and competitor intelligence needs.
- Contains a study of the major internal and external factors affecting the company in the form of a SWOT analysis as well as a breakdown and examination of leading product revenue streams.
- Data is supplemented with details on the company's history, key executives, business description, locations and subsidiaries as well as a list of products and services and the latest available company statement.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Support sales activities by understanding your customers' businesses better
- Qualify prospective partners and suppliers
- Keep fully up to date on your competitors' business structure, strategy and prospects
- Obtain the most up to date company information available