Sumitomo Metal Industries, Ltd (Sumitomo Metal or the company) is an industrial company, primarily engaged in steel, engineering, and electronics businesses. The company manufactures silicon wafers, as well as steel construction materials and industrial components. Sumitomo Metal operates in Japan. It is headquartered in Osaka, Japan and employed 23,007 people as of March 2012.
The company recorded revenues of JPY1,402,454 million ($16,408.7 million) in the financial year ended March 2011 (FY2011), an increase of 9.1% over FY2010. The operating profit of the company was JPY56,301 million ($658.7 million) in the FY2011, compared with an operating loss of JPY928 million ($10.9 million) in FY2010. The net loss was JPY7,144 million ($83.6 million) in FY2011, compared with net loss of JPY49,772 million ($582.3 million) in FY2010.
No. employees: 23007
Turnover: 1,402,454,000,000 (JPY)
Financial year end: March
- Key facts
- Business Description
- Key Employees and Biographies
- Location and Subsidiaries
- Top Competitors
- Major Products and Services
This SWOT analysis company profile is the essential source for top level data and information. The report examines the company's key business structure and operations, history and products, and provides summary analysis of its key revenue lines and strategy.
Scope of this research
- Provides all the crucial company information required for business and competitor intelligence needs.
- Contains a study of the major internal and external factors affecting the company in the form of a SWOT analysis as well as a breakdown and examination of leading product revenue streams.
- Data is supplemented with details on the company's history, key executives, business description, locations and subsidiaries as well as a list of products and services and the latest available company statement.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Support sales activities by understanding your customers' businesses better
- Qualify prospective partners and suppliers
- Keep fully up to date on your competitors' business structure, strategy and prospects
- Obtain the most up to date company information available