The increasing use of mobile devices in retail, and the rapidly growing value of transactions, makes m-Commerce a key channel for retailers with ambitions of growth. Understand how new technology and evolving consumer needs are driving swift changes in content and design, making the needs to plan and manage potential opportunities and threats paramount to retailers success.
Features and benefits
- Sector data allows you to compare how different sectors are performing via mobile and understand which ones offer the most potential
- Forecasts to 2016 across a range of key metrics allow you to affectively plan a strategy for how the channel will develop
- Identify the threats as well as the opportunities to grow business in this channel by looking at the key issues in mobile retailing
In a retail environment where economic conditions are squeezing expenditure, any growth prospects will require retailers to strategically plan to maximize gains. This involves not only building a sustainable e-commerce site and app, but also integrating the content to the benefit of stores.
M-commerce has expanded rapidly in 2011 and 2012, as both retailers and consumers continue to adapt to the potential of mobile devices. Not only are more people making purchases, but also more apps and mobile optimised websites have furthered the possible uses of mobile devices for shoppers.
With so many mobile devices on sale, with a range of capabilities and size, the role of mobile devices varies greatly. Mobile phones are still the primary mobile device, however the smartphone revolution has resulted in their screens becoming increasingly larger, blurring the lines between phone and tablet
Your key questions answered
- What is the m-Commerce market size and how will it develop over the next five years?
- How are mobiles changing the way consumers shop online and in stores?
- Which customers present the most opportunities for growth going forward and what sectors will outperform/underperform?
- What are the factors that will impede or maximise future growth opportunities online?