Alibaba Group Holding Limited (Alibaba or "the company") is an operator of online and mobile marketplaces in retail and wholesale trade. The company is also engaged in the provision of cloud computing and other services. The company primarily operates in China and Hong Kong. Alibaba is headquartered in Hangzhou, China and employed about 22,072 people as of March 31, 2014.
The company recorded revenues of CNY52,504 million ($8,526.6 million) during the financial year ended March 2014 (FY2014), an increase of 52.1% over FY2013. The increase was primarily driven by the continued rapid growth of the company's China commerce retail business. The operating profit of the company was CNY24,920 million ($4,047 million) in FY2014, as compared to an operating profit of CNY10,751 million ($1,746 million) in FY2013. The net profit of the company was CNY23,315 million ($3,786.4 million) in FY2014, as compared to a net profit of CNY8,532 million ($1,385.6 million) in FY2013.
New York ticker:
No. employees: 22072
Turnover: 52,504,000,000 (CNY)
- Key facts
- Business Description
- Key Employees and Biographies
- Location and Subsidiaries
- Top Competitors
- Major Products and Services
This SWOT analysis company profile is the essential source for top level data and information. The report examines the company's key business structure and operations, history and products, and provides summary analysis of its key revenue lines and strategy.
Scope of this research
- Provides all the crucial company information required for business and competitor intelligence needs.
- Contains a study of the major internal and external factors affecting the company in the form of a SWOT analysis as well as a breakdown and examination of leading product revenue streams.
- Data is supplemented with details on the company's history, key executives, business description, locations and subsidiaries as well as a list of products and services and the latest available company statement.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Support sales activities by understanding your customers' businesses better
- Qualify prospective partners and suppliers
- Keep fully up to date on your competitors' business structure, strategy and prospects
- Obtain the most up to date company information available