Novo Nordisk (or 'the company') is a leading global provider of diabetes products. The company also has a leadership position within areas such as hemostasis management, growth hormone therapy and hormone replacement therapy. Novo Nordisk primarily operates in Europe, North America and Japan. The company is headquartered in Bagsvaerd, Denmark, and employed 34,731 people as of December 31, 2012.
The company recorded revenues of DKK78,026 million ($13,475.1 million*) during the financial year ended December 2012 (FY2012), an increase of 17.6% over FY2011. The operating profit of the company was DKK29,474 million ($5,090.2 million*) in FY2012, an increase of 31.7% over FY2011. The net profit was DKK21,432 million ($3,701.3 million*) in FY2012, an increase of 25.4% over FY2011.
*Calculated using a constant conversion rate of DKK1 = $0.1727 for the financial year ended December 31, 2012.
New York Stock Exchange ticker:
Copenhagen Stock Exchange ticker:
No. employees: 34731
Turnover: 78,026,000,000 (DKK)
Financial year end: December
- Key facts
- Business Description
- Key Employees and Biographies
- Location and Subsidiaries
- Top Competitors
- Major Products and Services
This SWOT analysis company profile is the essential source for top level data and information. The report examines the company's key business structure and operations, history and products, and provides summary analysis of its key revenue lines and strategy.
Scope of this research
- Provides all the crucial company information required for business and competitor intelligence needs.
- Contains a study of the major internal and external factors affecting the company in the form of a SWOT analysis as well as a breakdown and examination of leading product revenue streams.
- Data is supplemented with details on the company's history, key executives, business description, locations and subsidiaries as well as a list of products and services and the latest available company statement.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Support sales activities by understanding your customers' businesses better
- Qualify prospective partners and suppliers
- Keep fully up to date on your competitors' business structure, strategy and prospects
- Obtain the most up to date company information available