Merck & Co. (or 'the company'), known as Merck Sharp & Dohme (MSD) outside the US and Canada, is one of the leading healthcare companies in the world. The company is engaged in the research, development, manufacture and marketing of prescription pharmaceuticals, vaccines, biologic therapies, and animal health products. It is headquartered in Kenilworth, New Jersey, and employed about 70,000 people as of December 31, 2014.
The company recorded revenues of $42,237 million during the financial year ended December 2014 (FY2014), a decrease of 4.1% compared with FY2013. The operating profit of the company was $5,670 million in FY2014, a decrease of 4.8% compared with FY2013. The net profit of the company was $11,920 million in FY2014, as compared with a net profit of $4,404 million in FY2013.
Merck & Co., Inc.
2000 Galloping Hill Road
New Jersey 07033
New York ticker:
No. employees: 70000
Turnover: 42,237,000,000 (USD)
Financial year end: December
- Key facts
- Business Description
- Key Employees and Biographies
- Location and Subsidiaries
- Top Competitors
- Major Products and Services
This SWOT analysis company profile is the essential source for top level data and information. The report examines the company's key business structure and operations, history and products, and provides summary analysis of its key revenue lines and strategy.
Scope of this research
- Provides all the crucial company information required for business and competitor intelligence needs.
- Contains a study of the major internal and external factors affecting the company in the form of a SWOT analysis as well as a breakdown and examination of leading product revenue streams.
- Data is supplemented with details on the company's history, key executives, business description, locations and subsidiaries as well as a list of products and services and the latest available company statement.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Support sales activities by understanding your customers' businesses better
- Qualify prospective partners and suppliers
- Keep fully up to date on your competitors' business structure, strategy and prospects
- Obtain the most up to date company information available