GlaxoSmithKline (GSK or 'the company') is a leading global provider of pharmaceutical and consumer health-related products. The company primarily operates in the US, Europe, Asia-Pacific. GSK is headquartered in Brentford, the UK, and employed 99,451 people as on December 31, 2013.
The company recorded revenues of £26,505 million (approximately $41,427.3 million) during the financial year ended December 2013 (FY2013), an increase of 0.3% over FY2012. The operating profit of the company was £7,028 million (approximately $10,984.8 million) during FY2013, a decrease of 3.7% compared with FY2012. The net profit was £5,436 million (approximately $8,496.5 million) in FY2013, an increase of 20.8% over FY2012.
In April 2014, GSK entered into an agreement with Novartis to acquire Novartis's Vaccines business (excluding flu), to create a new consumer healthcare business by combining its consumer healthcare business with Novartis's over the counter products and to divest its portfolio of oncology products to Novartis.
980 Great West Road
Middlesex TW8 9GS
New York (ADR) ticker:
No. employees: 99451
Turnover: 26,505,000,000 (GBP)
Financial year end: December
- Key facts
- Business Description
- Key Employees and Biographies
- Location and Subsidiaries
- Top Competitors
- Major Products and Services
This SWOT analysis company profile is the essential source for top level data and information. The report examines the company's key business structure and operations, history and products, and provides summary analysis of its key revenue lines and strategy.
Scope of this research
- Provides all the crucial company information required for business and competitor intelligence needs.
- Contains a study of the major internal and external factors affecting the company in the form of a SWOT analysis as well as a breakdown and examination of leading product revenue streams.
- Data is supplemented with details on the company's history, key executives, business description, locations and subsidiaries as well as a list of products and services and the latest available company statement.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Support sales activities by understanding your customers' businesses better
- Qualify prospective partners and suppliers
- Keep fully up to date on your competitors' business structure, strategy and prospects
- Obtain the most up to date company information available