GlaxoSmithKline Plc (GSK or 'the company') is a leading global provider of pharmaceutical and consumer health-related products. The company operates in more than 100 countries and its products are sold in about 150 countries. GSK is headquartered in Brentford, the UK, and employed 99,488 people as of December 31, 2012.
The company recorded revenues of £26,431 million ($41,885.2 million*) during the financial year ended December 2012 (FY2012), a decrease of 3.5% over FY2011. The operating profit of the company was £7,392 million ($11,714.1 million*) in FY2012, a decrease of 5.3% over FY2011. The net profit was £4,565 million ($7,234.2 million*) in FY2012, a decrease of 13.2% over FY2011.
*Calculated using a constant conversion rate of £1 = $1.5847 for the financial year ended December 31, 2012.
980 Great West Road
New York (ADR) ticker:
No. employees: 99488
Turnover: 26,431,000,000 (GBP)
Financial year end: December
- Key facts
- Business Description
- Key Employees and Biographies
- Location and Subsidiaries
- Top Competitors
- Major Products and Services
This SWOT analysis company profile is the essential source for top level data and information. The report examines the company's key business structure and operations, history and products, and provides summary analysis of its key revenue lines and strategy.
Scope of this research
- Provides all the crucial company information required for business and competitor intelligence needs.
- Contains a study of the major internal and external factors affecting the company in the form of a SWOT analysis as well as a breakdown and examination of leading product revenue streams.
- Data is supplemented with details on the company's history, key executives, business description, locations and subsidiaries as well as a list of products and services and the latest available company statement.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Support sales activities by understanding your customers' businesses better
- Qualify prospective partners and suppliers
- Keep fully up to date on your competitors' business structure, strategy and prospects
- Obtain the most up to date company information available