GlaxoSmithKline Plc (GSK or 'the company') is a leading global provider of pharmaceutical and consumer health-related products. The company operates in 120 countries and its products are sold in more than 150 countries. GSK is headquartered in Brentford, the UK and employed 97,389 people as of December 31, 2011.
The company recorded revenues of £27,387 million ($43,926 million*) during the financial year ended December 2011 (FY2011), a decrease of 3.5% over FY2010. The operating profit of the company was £7,807 million ($12,521.6 million*) in FY2011, as compared to an operating profit of £3,783 million ($6,067.6 million*) in FY2010. The net profit was £5,261 million ($8,438.1 million*) in FY2011, as compared to a net profit of £1,634 million ($2,620.8 million*) in FY2010.
*Calculated using the constant conversion rate of £1 = $1.6039 for the year ended December 31, 2011.
980 Great West Road
New York (ADR) ticker:
No. employees: 97389
Turnover: 27,387,000,000 (GBP)
Financial year end: December
- Key facts
- Business Description
- Key Employees and Biographies
- Location and Subsidiaries
- Top Competitors
- Major Products and Services
This SWOT analysis company profile is the essential source for top level data and information. The report examines the company's key business structure and operations, history and products, and provides summary analysis of its key revenue lines and strategy.
Scope of this research
- Provides all the crucial company information required for business and competitor intelligence needs.
- Contains a study of the major internal and external factors affecting the company in the form of a SWOT analysis as well as a breakdown and examination of leading product revenue streams.
- Data is supplemented with details on the company's history, key executives, business description, locations and subsidiaries as well as a list of products and services and the latest available company statement.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Support sales activities by understanding your customers' businesses better
- Qualify prospective partners and suppliers
- Keep fully up to date on your competitors' business structure, strategy and prospects
- Obtain the most up to date company information available