Boehringer Ingelheim (BI or 'the group') is a privately-held pharmaceuticals and animal health business group. BI, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the research, development, manufacture and marketing of branded and generic prescription drugs, consumer health care products, and animal health products. The group operates in Europe, the Americas, Asia, Australia and Africa. It is headquartered in Ingelheim, Germany. For FY2012, the group reported the average number of employees of 46,228.
The group recorded revenues of E14,691 million ($18,889.7 million*) during the financial year ended December 2012 (FY2012), an increase of 11.5% over FY2011. The operating profit of the group was E1,853 million ($2,382.6 million*) in FY2012, a decrease of 18.4% over FY2011. The net profit was E1,237 million ($1,590.5 million*) in FY2012, a decrease of 16.2% over FY2011.
*Calculated using a constant conversion rate of E1 = $1.2858 for the year ended December 31, 2012.
No. employees: 46228
Turnover: 14,691,000,000 (EUR)
Financial year end: December
- Key facts
- Business Description
- Key Employees and Biographies
- Location and Subsidiaries
- Top Competitors
- Major Products and Services
This SWOT analysis company profile is the essential source for top level data and information. The report examines the company's key business structure and operations, history and products, and provides summary analysis of its key revenue lines and strategy.
Scope of this research
- Provides all the crucial company information required for business and competitor intelligence needs.
- Contains a study of the major internal and external factors affecting the company in the form of a SWOT analysis as well as a breakdown and examination of leading product revenue streams.
- Data is supplemented with details on the company's history, key executives, business description, locations and subsidiaries as well as a list of products and services and the latest available company statement.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Support sales activities by understanding your customers' businesses better
- Qualify prospective partners and suppliers
- Keep fully up to date on your competitors' business structure, strategy and prospects
- Obtain the most up to date company information available