Abbott Laboratories (Abbott or 'the company') is a diversified healthcare company with a portfolio diagnostic products, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals. The company markets its products in several countries, with major operations in the US, the Netherlands, Germany, Japan, Italy, France, Canada, the UK and Spain. It is headquartered in Abbott Park, Illinois, and employs about 70,000 people.
In January 2013, Abbott completed the separation of its research-based pharmaceuticals business through the distribution of the issued and outstanding common stock of AbbVie Inc. (AbbVie) to Abbott's shareholders. AbbVie was formed to hold Abbott's research-based pharmaceuticals business and, as a result of the distribution, is now an independent public company trading under the symbol 'ABBV' on the New York Stock Exchange.
Abbott recorded revenues of $39,873.9 million during the financial year ended March 2012 (FY2012), an increase of 2.6% over FY2011. The operating profit of the company was $8,084.5 million in FY2012, an increase of 40.6% over FY2011. The net profit was $5,962.9 million in FY2012, an increase of 26.1% over FY2011.
New York Stock Exchange ticker:
No. employees: 70000
Turnover: 39,873,910,000 (USD)
Financial year end: December
- Key facts
- Business Description
- Key Employees and Biographies
- Location and Subsidiaries
- Top Competitors
- Major Products and Services
This SWOT analysis company profile is the essential source for top level data and information. The report examines the company's key business structure and operations, history and products, and provides summary analysis of its key revenue lines and strategy.
Scope of this research
- Provides all the crucial company information required for business and competitor intelligence needs.
- Contains a study of the major internal and external factors affecting the company in the form of a SWOT analysis as well as a breakdown and examination of leading product revenue streams.
- Data is supplemented with details on the company's history, key executives, business description, locations and subsidiaries as well as a list of products and services and the latest available company statement.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Support sales activities by understanding your customers' businesses better
- Qualify prospective partners and suppliers
- Keep fully up to date on your competitors' business structure, strategy and prospects
- Obtain the most up to date company information available